FAMILY VACATIONS and READING: Read a book together as a family, then use Waymarking.com or Geocachcing.com to make real-world connections with the book, characters and author! See the Waymarking (like Geocaching) category, Literary Book Marks for Families and start today. You can even plan a family vacation around one of the books found at the site! Create a “Flat Family” cutout and use this in your Waymarking picture when you find a site, if you don’t want to include a personal photo. Using a GPS (Smart Phone works fine), locate one of the sites related to your book, then log in your find online as you join others in this exciting family experience. If a Waymark doesn’t exist for your book, create your own by noting the site’s coordinates and entering in to the Waymarking category.
Interviews with middle grade and young adult authors –
Interested in Writing? During school visits, students interested in writing often ask me for resources that will foster their creativity and help them pursue a writing hobby. Here is a list of helpful links:
- Young Inklings – http://www.younginklings.org/
- Resources for Young Writers – https://www.thecreativepenn.com/2011/07/20/resources-for-young-writers/
- Forty Websites for Young Writers – https://study.com/articles/40_of_the_Best_Websites_for_Young_Writers.html
- Tips for Young Writers by Author Rick Riordan – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81iwOVdWfIY&feature=youtu.be
- Authors Teaching Young Writers – http://www.teachingauthors.com/p/for-young-writers.html
- Writing Contests for Kids – https://www.thespruce.com/writing-contests-for-kids-2086738
- Read below to see what others have said about visiting and hearing Marie speak.
What Others are Saying
I like your story about Samsuluna with his adventures. Thank you for coming to our school to share about the story and showing us the bronze dagger! It's really cool!Hanson
Thank you for coming on our class and sharing your information about your life with us. I really enjoyed your presentation and your book so thanks again!Kyleigh
Thanks so much for coming!! It was super fun to see you and get to touch the dagger! And thanks for autographing my book!Anna